The price of the discovery+ subscriptions plans are increasing as follows:
- discovery+ (with ads) plan is increasing by CA$1 to CA$5.99/month (plus applicable taxes).
- discovery+ Ad-Free plan is increasing by CA$2 to CA$8.99/month (plus applicable taxes).
When will this happen?
When the Ad-Free price change happens depends on who bills you. If you're not sure who bills you, go to Who bills me for discovery+?
Billed through us or an app store
If you're billed through us or an app store, your discovery+ Ad-Free subscription will automatically renew at the new price (plus applicable taxes) on your first billing date on or after November 2, 2023. If you have a promotional discount, your price won't increase until your promotional period ends.
Billed through another provider
If your discovery+ subscription is billed through another provider (e.g. Telus or Koodo), your provider will let you know of any price changes (as applicable).
Frequently asked questions
- Who bills me for discovery+?
- When is my next billing date?
- How do I switch to the discovery+ plan with ads?
- How do I cancel?
Who bills me for discovery+?
To find who bills you for your subscription:
- Sign in to the discovery+ app or discoveryplus.com. Forgot your password?
- Choose your profile (upper right) and then Account.
- In the Subscription section:
- If an app store bills you, you'll see 'Changes to this subscription must be made on the app store' message.
- If discovery+ bills you, you'll see the option to cancel.
- If a TV, broadband, or mobile provider bills you, you'll see discovery+ via (company name).
When is my next billing date?
To find your next billing date, choose who bills you below:
- Amazon appstore: See Manage your subscriptions.
- Apple App Store: See View your purchase history.
- discoveryplus.com: Sign in at discoveryplus.com/my-account and in the Subscription section you'll find your next billing date.
- Google Play: See Cancel, pause, or change a subscription.
- Roku: Sign in at my.roku.com and then View your purchase history.
- Other provider: Check your monthly billing statement.
How do I switch to the discovery+ plan (with ads)?
You can save by switching to the discovery+ (with ads) subscription plan.
The following billing providers support plan switching:
- Amazon, Apple, Google, Roku
To switch your plan, follow the Change subscription plan steps or contact your billing provider for help.
How do I cancel?
To find out how to cancel your subscription, go to Cancel discovery+.