discovery+ uses adaptive bitrate streaming, which means that the quality of the video you're watching is reliant upon the strength of your wireless connection.
If you experience issues with video playback, please check your Wi-Fi connection. If you're still unable to stream video using other apps, try signing out of discovery+ and signing back in.
If you're still experiencing video playback issues, please try the following steps, in this order:
- Close the discovery+ app
- Turn off the device you are using to stream discovery+
- Turn off, then restart your internet modem and router
- Power your device back on
- Open the discovery+ app
Video playback issues on Android devices If you are unable to stream discovery+ video on your Android device, and receive the error message, "Sorry, there seems to be a technical issue," there may be a conflict with Video Enhancer or Vibrant Color Effect settings on your device.
In order to remedy this issue, please try disabling Video Enhancer and/or Vibrant Color Effect in your device display settings.
DRM error messages
If you are having video playback issues and receive an error message with the prefix "DRM," please try the following steps, in this order:
- Completely power off your device and TV.
- If you are using an HDMI cable, unplug it from both your device and your TV.
- Turn your device and TV back on.
- Replug your HDMI cable into your device and TV.
- Open the discovery+ app.
For more information about DRM error messages, please click here.
If you continue to experience issues with video playback, please contact us.